More needle problems

I was working on my Henry scarf, and it is rather thick and bunched up on the circular needles I had.  I knew that the join was starting to cause problems, and searched for a replacement.  This is the problem with having so many WIP’s—all needles were currently occupied.  So, I stupidly kept chugging along, until the join broke away from the needle.  I managed to catch most of the stitches.   I got a new needle yesterday, and put the stitches onto it.  I don’t know how I did this:

The good thing is that i got to see the length off the needles, and it looks perfect.   That is a real guess with this pattern, as it is knit lengthwise.