She thinks this is stash?
A design blog that I follow recently had this article about knitting stash. It was comical to me that she thought a couple of bags were stash to be reckoned with (I won’t even discuss how lame the knitting cupboard was for this blog to post). On the other hand, I remember the days when I knit basically project to project and had very little stash, something that I always wanted to keep under control. What happened?
- I became a sock knitter (we all know you need a vast array of possibilities for any project that comes to mind)
- I joined sock clubs
- I discovered knitting conventions and fiber fairs
- For awhile I got sucked into the store close-out sales
- Nobody carried my precious Dale of Norway Baby Ull any longer so I needed reserves on hand to make those beautiful Fair Isles
- I started spinning
- My kids moved out so space was not at a premium
I am still in the process of making up my knitting room. I thought it was close, and a new section is being designed. I hope to have it finished this summer and then I can show photos. But until then, here is a photo from last year of my Baby Ull all organized. Right now it is patiently waiting in a bin for a new home.
I have been really good about not purchasing new yarn (sock clubs excluded), but the spinning fiber is a whole new story. I am hoping when everything is together and organized, I will not only be creatively inspired, but will be inspired to keep it under control. Stay tuned for the big unveiling this summer.