All done but the buttons

I have finally finished my first handspun and hand knit sweater using Woolgatherings fiber.  The process from fiber to sweater was fun.  I first spun the variegated as a 3ply,

DSCN6859

PA270187

Then I ordered and spun 2 plys of eggplant and one of rust as my semi-solid contrast. My problem here was that my spinning was not as fine with the semi-solid as it was with the variegated. After that, and a couple of false starts with patterns, my friend Jane suggested the February Ladies Sweater.  It was the perfect match.  I was able to most of my semi-solid to maximize the length.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then I needed to choose buttons.  These were the 2 choices that I had on hand.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Even though there is no green in the fabric, I think that it made the best option, pulling out the other colors.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Problem is that the buttons are a bit too heavy for the drape of the sweater.  I will be on the lookout for something similar though.  The 3/4 length sleeve is just right.  If I were to restart this sweater I would have fractally spun the variegated so has not to have the long concentrations of pooling.  That said, I do love the colors, and the fibers were a dream to spin.