A New Direction
It sat until this year when I purchased yet another of her gradients hoping to make a striped gradient sock.
Socks like these were on display in her booth, but I am guessing that the gradients are different to allow a more rapid color change
I did try making striped socks with this combination, but the result was so poor (very little gradation showed up), that I ripped it back and started over. This time with just the green to blue color and a simple twisted rib sock. Enter problem # 2, I am not a fan of toe up socks, as I think that it is harder to get the size correct and a good hefty gusset. So, I started with the light blue and knit what I thought was a good amount to use up 1/2 of the yarn, turned my heel, and then knit and knit and knit—really wanting to see the green gradient come through. The result was laughable, but I still made the toe and sewed it together.
I don’t know what freak of nature these would even fit! Therefore, I started the next sock from the opposite end of the skein, thinking that I would have opposing socks and that would solve my problem. It wasn’t long before I realized that I needed to rip out the first sock.
So, now I am almost finished with sock number 2, the correct way, and have been using the ripped out sock as a blank to knit from. Works well. Lesson learned.